How to get to Quebec City
Quebec City is accessible by:
- car: via Highway 40 or Highway 20;
- plane: Jean Lesage International Airport;
- train (ViaRail) : Gare du Palais in Quebec City;
- bus (Orleans Express) : Two bus stations in the city.
- Exit on Highway 540 South (Autoroute Duplessis) and keep going for 4.3 km.
- Take Laurier boulevard for 0.9 km.
- To go to Laval University: Keep going on Laurier Boulevard for 2.4 km and turn left at the Campus entrance.
- To go to Germain-des-Prés Hotel: Turn left on Germain-des-Prés Avenue.
- To go to Mariott Hotel: Keep going on Laurier Boulevard (which is renamed Grande-Allée Ouest) for 5.8 km. Turn left on Honoré-Mercier Avenue and straight to the hotel.
Cross the Pierre-Laporte Bridge, keep going on Highway 73 North and take exit 134-E (Laurier Boulevard towards Quebec downtown). You can then follow the directions above (via Highway 40).
If you are arriving by plane and renting a car:
Exit the Airport area towards Quebec City and turn right on Route de l'aéroport. Take Duplessis Highway for 5.7 km and exit on Laurier Boulevard. You can then follow the directions above (via Highway 40).
If you are arriving by train:
Make sure you get off the train at Gare du Palais (Quebec). You can then get to Laval University Campus or the Hotels by cab or Metrobus (use the 800 line, direction Marly).
If you are arriving by bus:
If you are staying at hotel Germain-des-Prés or if you are going directly to Laval University Campus, get off the bus at the Sainte-Foy train station (Gare de Ste-Foy). From the train station, you can take a cab or the Metrobus (line 800 direction Charlesbourg or line 801 direction Beauport).
If you are staying at the Mariott hotel, get off the bus at the Quebec City terminal (Gare du Palais). The Mariott hotel is easily accessible by cab or Metrobus (line 800, direction Marly).
Please note: There will be an organized (shuttle) transportation from the Conference site to the social activities and from the social activities to the hotels or back to the campus